Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I wish I could FLY!

I wish I could FLY because, yesterday (Sept. 18/2011) was my best friend's (Endale Melaku)
wedding and his daughter's birthday as well. He has been through thick & thin for me for about 15years ever since we started our friendship in mid 90s. I will never forget all his generosity, jokes and naughtiness. Now they became history and we're almost family members. No more booze, no more drama, no more hanging out at the bars and cinema Ambassador/Impire every sundays. Thanks a lot for being a part of my life and sharing me all those wild experiences. Now we're different, you're married with a kid and I'm still single and wandering in Europe for almost 8yrs. I wish you all the best in your marriage and I hope to see your daughter grow and make you proud. I will see you one day. You have no idea how much I miss you guys. Thanks Kin for texting me otherwise I wouldn't have known he was getting married or making that small announcements. I was happy for him but at the same time I was sad that I couldn't be there to any of such functions be it for the good and bad. So far, three of my best friends (Eyob Getahun, Belay and now Endale) were married after I left Ethiopia which creates a void in my heart everytime I get such news.
These two pictures depict the wedding ceremonies which I took them for granted and resented them while I was there. Now I relaized how I ungrateful/stupid I was and understood their extraordinary cultural/social significance in my past life for being part of them. I have never been to any kind of wedding ceremonies or any kind ever since I came to Sweden, well I will never take anything for granted-this the lesson I learnt after looking at those pictures. Thanks a lot dear buddies, if it wasn't for you; I wouldn't have those beautiful memories for life. Soon, somebody very special will get married and I won't be there either...what a shame:(. It's too much, I am missing home like I have never been before. I just don't know what I'm gonna do...life is too short and not being able to attend such ocassions is one of the worst part of being a REFUGEE. Exile sucks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment